On 01/06/2011 17:28, Jim Jagielski wrote:

On Jun 1, 2011, at 12:21 PM, Ross Gardler wrote:

There is a statement that "Oracle will assist in the transition and migration from
OpenOffice.org.", I am probably reading too much into it, but why is there not a
statement that Oracle intend to continue development once the transition is complete?

Most likely because they don't intend to.

:-)
Thanks for the clarity.

Which is fine (imo)... They will help incubation but
not the graduated TLP. IMO a "code dump" is when people
don't help at all and that is totally unacceptable.

But with just two named committers on a code base which OhLoh reports as 24M LOC I'm worried that it can ever get out of incubation.

Who will develop the software?
Who will maintain it?
Who will manage any patches that come in?
Who will do the community development work?

It's still a code dump if there is no chance of graduating.

Please understand I'm not saying there is no chance, I'm asking how do we maximise the chance of graduation?

Ross