On Fri, Jun 3, 2011 at 8:35 PM, Jim Jagielski <j...@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Jun 3, 2011, at 3:00 PM, Simon Phipps wrote:
>
> > I am not even thinking of suggesting it, any more than I would dream of
> telling TDF they have to switch to another license. But I do believe there's
> a need to focus *in the proposal* on exactly how to sustain the consumer
> deliverable from Day One.
>
> Agreed. And that's why I suggested that that would be an
> excellent initial part of cooperation between the ASF and
> TDF, where they could provide the build/distribution.

Didn't I suggest that first?  :-)

> One main, significant difference between TDF and the ASF
> is that the ASF just releases source; TDF fills a *huge*
> and important part of the entire OOo end-user experience.
> I sincerely hope this is an easy to agree to.

I think it is for you and I, yes, but the proposal itself isn't there yet.
There's still no section discussing how the project will handle its
inherited end-user binary commitments or the consumer brand, especially on
Day One.  I suggest this needs addressing if ASF is to be able to
confidently +1 it.

S.