From: Simon Phipps [mailto:si...@webmink.com]
Sent: Friday, June 03, 2011 15:16
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache OpenOffice.org Incubator Proposal: Collaboration with TDF/LO

I suggest:

"The LibreOffice project is an important partner in the OpenOffice.org
community, with an established potentially highly complementary focus on the
GNU/Linux community as well as on Windows and Mac consumer end-users. We will
seek to build a constructive working and technical relationship so that the
source code developed at Apache can be readily used downstream by LibreOffice,
as well as exploring ways for upstream contributions to be received as much as
possible within the constraints imposed by mutual licensing choices.

There will be other ways we may be able to collaborate, including jointly
sponsored public events, interoperability 'plugfests', standards, shared build
management infrastructure, shared release mirrors, coordination of build
schedules, version numbers, defect lists, and other downstream requirements. We
will make this relationship a priority early in the life of the podlet."

S.