On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 8:02 AM, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Again are we able to vote on the podling? If no, please specifiy why?

Not just yet.  I don't want anyone to feel that we rushed this.  It
has been less than four days.  A number of threads are still active
You are correct, that they don't need to be fully resolved for
acceptance, but I gather that a number of people would like to have a
greater understanding of the general approach before agreeing.  And
many gather an understanding of such by exploring specifics.

I will also note that a number of positions are evolving.  I'd
encourage you to compare:

http://s.apache.org/lY

With the following:

http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg06534.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg06533.html
http://www.mail-archive.com/discuss@documentfoundation.org/msg06529.html

If that progress can be made in less than 24 hours, imagine what the
next 24, 48, or even 72 hours will bring.

My expectation is that the right time to hold a vote will be by the
end of the week (Greg previously expressed a similar thought), however
if there is a good reason for this to spill over into early next week
I would be fine with that too.

> Cheers,
> Christian

- Sam Ruby