Greg Stein wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 20:07, Alexandro Colorado<j...@openoffice.org>  wrote:
On Sun, Jun 5, 2011 at 6:55 PM, Greg Stein<gst...@gmail.com>  wrote:

I just updated the proposal to provide more detail on the requested
mailing lists. Figured it would be good to discuss here.

This is what I entered into the wiki:
----
The following mailing lists:

oo-...@incubator.apache.org - for developer discussions
oo-comm...@incubator.apache.org - for Subversion commit messages
oo-iss...@incubator.apache.org - for JIRA change notifications
oo-notificati...@incubator.apache.org - for continuous build/test
notifications

Note: a users mailing is not being requested at this time. It is
anticipated that users will interact with the community through
existing OpenOffice.org systems.

OpenOffice.org official contaction is 'OOo' not 'oo' I think is enough time
to correct these mailing lists. I wrote a more lenghty email but I think the
discussions should be better understood by Apache admins.

The mailing lists haven't been constructed yet. We can easily change
the request to ooo-*. I was just trying to keep the names short :-)

Opinions, people? Should they be "oo-*" or "ooo-*"? (the former could
work if we call it "Apache OpenOffice")

Cheers,
-g

I have to agree with Alexandro on this. The OpenOffice.org (OOo or ooo) has long be established and it will be very confusing to users to change now. For internal use the oo-* may work but feel that it maybe best to use ooo-* as new people come aboard. Even the "Apache OpenOffice" will cause confusion.

Just my 2cents.

Andy