Eric,

Thanks for the background. It would be great if you can repost this to the dev@community.a.o list if the podling is accepted. It's off topic for this list, but very much on topic over there. Note, I've signed up as a mentor on the proposal.

We need to convince Ian Lynch to get involved too (if he's not already), but I'll work on him later ;-)

Ross