On Tue, Jun 7, 2011 at 3:16 AM, Ian Lynch <ianrly...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > Note, I've signed up as a mentor on the proposal.
> >> We need to convince Ian Lynch to get involved too (if he's not already),
> >> but I'll work on him later ;-)
> >

> > So far, Ian never helped us, but who knows  :-)
>

> You might remember we did talk a few months back. My problem is simply that
> getting the certification through the regulatory processes and financially
> viable is more than a full time job already. We have mouths to feed here
> :-). However it has potential to produce income that could fund
> development.
> Not there yet but the OOo certification project is currently in negotiation
> with a large training provider in South America that could make a
> significant difference.  It's also the sort of thing that can attract EU
> grant funding - Comenius funding for meetings and exchanges between schools
> should be easy. I can help with that sort of thing. We have a grant
> application in for about 300,000 Euros for developing OOo certification
> with
> the EU through Germany. Even if this is not successful we can do other
> applications.

for the record, certification project and education project are two
different projects in OOo.
Working with Eric in the Education project his aims are more to generate
developers through mentorship programs. While working with Ian in the
Certification project is to push user skill qualifications.

Originally the Eertification project was an initiative within Education but
the initiative got emancipated from the Education project into it's own.

Whenever Certification should rejoin the Education project, is maybe be an
idea to talk about further in the future. At least both projects are indeed
making inroads in their own ways.

--
*Alexandro Colorado*
*OpenOffice.org* EspaƱol