El 08/06/11 10:43, eric b escribió:
Hello,

My name is Eric Bachard. In the real life, I'm Professor of Applied Physics at UTBM (see [1]).

In my spare time, I'm contributing to free software, as core developer. Contributing to OpenOffice.org since 2004, my skills are C++ / C, objective C, shell and Perl. I know well OpenOffice.org source tree, build system, code too, and can work for all major ports (Windows, Mac OS X , Linux), including on some precise parts like the framework, the abstraction layer, Impress too.

Used to mentor students with EducOOo (more than 15), and with Google Summer of Code (mentored 4 students, in 2006, 2007 and 2010 for it), I am willing to contribute to the code and train students to OOo.

My vision is to see the OpenOffice.org accepted, Education Project become sort of a "Laboratory" dedicated to OpenOffice.org, and see a day there is a real bridge between OpenOffice.org and the Educational world. Mostly :

- sharing the knowledge, honestly ;
- working with students, teachers and schools : hear them, and catch the Fun they can bring us ;
- attracting new developers : critical for OOo ;
- innovating : always ready to test a new idea in the code :-).
+1

Some of my roles and contributions :

-  Founding member of EducOOo [4]
-  OOo4Kids and OOoLight main developer  [5] [6]
-  Education Project since 2007 (current Project Lead)  [3]
- Mac OS X native port of OpenOffice.org : was the Project Lead (2005 -2007)

Last but not least, I'm not a native speaker, so please, be gentle, and apologies for my terrible english :)

With best regards,
Eric Bachard

[1] UTBM :  http://www.utbm.fr
[2] OpenOffice.org Domain developers : http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/DomainDeveloper