Steve,

Thanks for signing up.

Bigtop should not maintain branches or patchsets on top of upstream
projects. Any bugs or compatibility problems that are found will need
to be resolved in the upstream projects and then released in those
projects. This makes things harder for Bigtop, but, like you, I hope
having committers from the upstream projects involved in Bigtop will
give projects further impetus to make releases in a timely manner.

Cheers,
Tom