On 14 Sep 2011, at 21:19, Leo Neumeyer wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I would like to propose S4 to be an Apache Incubator project.  S4 is a
> distributed streaming platform written in Java.
>
> Here is a link to the proposal in the Incubator wiki:
> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/S4Proposal
>
> Thanks,
> Leo Neumeyer
>
> http://s4.io
> http://twitter.com/leoneu

This sounds like a really interesting proposal Leo - would it work with
emerging streaming capabilities for browser such as WebRTC and WebSockets? For
example, would it work as a processor for streams coming in from a browser via
WebRTC or HTML5 Device Capture, as well as for pushing streams out into <video>
elements or to websocket clients?