On 11 October 2011 18:09, Donald Whytock <dwhyt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 10:50 AM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> If it's important to have a single page that contains all the podling
>> names ever used for searching purposes, then we could create a
>> simplified version of podlings.xml, with links to more detailed
>> entries.
>
> Does it make sense for the details such as description and mentors to
> be pushed out to site-author/projects/<podling>.xml, and pages to be
> generated from time to time from a compilation of the podling files
> and a simplified podlings.xml?

Not at present, because the <podling>.xml files don't have a totally
predictable structure; they are a mixture of data and markup.

One of the reasons for moving to podlings.xml was to simplify editting
and processing of the data.

If <podling>.xml ever migrates to an XML file with a DTD, we could
then consider fetching some data from it.

However, I think we still need the central podlings.xml file.