From: Shane Curcuru [mailto:a...@shanecurcuru.org]
Sent: Wednesday, November 23, 2011 10:52
To: general@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [PROPOSAL] Clarify the role of the Champion as an "incubation
coordinator" (was: should podlings have informal chairs?)

Great stuff, and great discussion.  Thanks in particular Bertrand for
making it a specific proposal.  +1

On 2011-11-22 4:29 PM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> 3. The Champion is not necessarily a mentor.

Correct - from the organizational point of view, the champion role as
defined is almost more about ensuring the mentors are working, and
ensuring podling reports are done well - and not necessarily about
actively mentoring and working with the podling committers.

Obviously, in many/most cases the champion will be a mentor too, but it
isn't strictly part of what we need the role to be.

Make sense?

And although I understand there are some issues with the choice if the
word, I'd still suggest staying with "Champion", since it's already in
use and fits pretty well.

- Shane