On 29 November 2011 22:25, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 6:30 PM, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> But if the team already agrees that the changes need to be made, why
>> not do so and re-roll?
>
> I'd just leave that up to the release manager to decide.
>
> There's no such thing as a perfect release (all non-trivial software
> has errors), so unless the fix is already available and the RM willing
> to do the extra effort I wouldn't stress too much about getting such
> non-critical changes in until the next release.

I would question whether these N&L errors are non-critical.

http://www.apache.org/dev/release.html#what-must-every-release-contain

says

"Every ASF release *must* comply with ASF licensing policy. This
requirement is of utmost importance and an audit should be performed
before any full release is created. In particular, every artifact
distributed must contain appropriate LICENSE and NOTICE files."

I read this as meaning that the N&L files are (one of) the most
important part(s) of a release.