First of all, my apologies for not being a good mentor for your
project. Too many demands on too little time. But I'm starting to
resurface.

More comments inline...

On 14 December 2011 12:34, seba.wag...@gmail.com <seba.wag...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to clarify if Non-English Mailing lists are allowed.

There are no hard and fast rules about this other than the main dev
list much be in English. That is the list where most decisions about
the future of the project can occur.

We generally discourage non-english dev lists as they serve to split
the community. However, a case could be made for supporting such.

Non-english user lists are not so much of a problem if there are
sufficient users demanding them. One needs to be cautious about
creating them as, again, you are splitting the community. But for
users it can sometimes help.

> But I've heard that using Non-English List is not allowed on Apache
> Infrastructure. Is that true?

No, see above. Discouraged is the correct word.

> It makes me wonder as the OpenOffice project has 100++ Mailing lists in a
> lot of different languages. So I guess there is no such restriction and we
> can proceed right?

OpenOffice.org has 100+ non-english lists, but Apache OpenOffice has,
at this point in time, just one or two non-english user lists. They
are being created as the user community comes forwards and
demonstrates a need for them.

In the case of your Spanish list, which appears to be a user list, I
see it is quite active. Sop, personally, I don't see a problem as long
as all discussions that relate to the development of OpenMeetings
happen on the English language dev list.

Ross

--
Ross Gardler (@rgardler)
Programme Leader (Open Development)