Donald Whitlock wrote : "Looks interesting, though.  Given AOO, is this
suggesting a trend of
major companies transferring code and communities to Apache?"

Community support and development is a principal strength of open source
development. And it is increasingly apparent, at least to us, that such
presence is best led by the community, even for technologies initially
developed within a corporation. Adobe is beginning to understand the
advantages of such independent foundations, through not only releasing
Flex, but also projects such as PhoneGap, or contributing to project like
Apache Felix. While Adobe cannot speak for more than ourselves, we believe
that market-significant and/or complex projects would do well to consider
support and drive from foundations such as Apache, to help create free and
open environments of collaboration.

--
Dave McAllister
Director, Open Source and Standards