> I'm not sure I follow the sentence after "related to".
>
> implementation of what?
>
> Do the validators and extensions relate to JSR-303?
> Or are they independent?
> Is this Java-only software, or could other languages be used?

Yes, this is Java-only software as it's an implementation of the _Java_
Specification Request 303.

And yes, the validators and extensions do relate to JSR-303 as they use and
implement the SPI and annotations defined in JSR-303.
Some of the validators are not even ours but from commons-validator.

Think about BVAL as a api + impl for JSR-303 core, which includes a few
validations like @NotNull, @Length, etc itself.  Plus a few additional
validations like @Email and some wrappers for making selected
commons-validation functionality usable as JSR-303 validations.

LieGrue,
strub