Mentor could lose interests in a project over time due to various kind of
reasons.  Perhaps, It is time to deconstruct mentor idea and promote ppmc to
ipmc after making incubating release(s) and only allow incubator project to
graduate after promoted ppmc has mentored another project to make incubator
release.  This will enable promoted ppmc to execrise what has been learn and
apply to other projects.  Promoted ppmc can choose to stay as ipmc or resign
ipmc after project graduation.  The only drawback is someone on ipmc would need
to promote ppmc regularly.  It is more work for infrastructure to add and
remove people from ipmc.

Sent from my iPhone