On 3 Feb 2012, at 23:17, Benson Margulies wrote:

> A number of people are asking for the incubator PMC to take a deep
> breath and allow room to digest and contemplate the various issues
> that have led to a bumper crop of email. These are complex questions,
> and even if we could avoid intemperate exchanges, there is still going
> to be a lot to read and think about.

+1

I'm a committer on 3 incubator projects, so I have quite a lot of ASF-related
email already. I don't understand most of the points being discussed on the
general list as I don't really have time to read and make sense of it all.

The incubator doesn't feel particularly broken and in need of fixing at my
level of engagement, so most of the tone of the conversation does little other
than give me a nagging worry that I'm missing something important that might
affect the projects I work on.

I expect many more on this list will just filter these discussions out and
trust everyone concerned to do whats sensible.

So, slow down please, there's no need to rush.

> One way to make the load lighter is to try to make one decision at a
> time. Entirely selfishly, I suggest looking at the chair election
> first.

+1