On 3/28/12 9:22 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:
2012/3/28 Jürgen Schmidt<jogischm...@googlemail.com>:
On 3/28/12 12:46 AM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

It is more or less a pure svn dump.

Right -- just with a few files moved around and a bunch filtered out.

yes, we build the src release package as part of a normal build and I
exclude all svn fiels  + generated files during the build.

FWIW, I like to start from an "svn export" of the release candidate tag so
that there's no need to exclude version control files.

Are you confident that all the files which match those wildcards were part
of the Oracle SGA or are otherwise properly licensed for ASF usage?

yes I think so, the rat exclude list is maintained mainly from somebody who
should know what's part of the SGA

OK, good enough.  I'm not going to perform a low-level audit.  For this
release, I trust the IP clearance process and the Mentors who supervised it.
For future releases, the IP integrity of this codebase will be the ongoing
responsibility of the AOO development community, and from what I can tell you
folks have the expertise, the incentives, the desire and the habits to serve
as good stewards.

In my view, the process by which this prelimary release candidate was
assembled was satisfactory.  Once the RAT report passes and once the
LICENSE/NOTICE files have been worked out according to the plan proposed by
Oliver-Rainer Wittmann on legal-discuss, I expect to vote +1 on a true AOO
release candidate unless someone else catches something I missed.

We will definitely work on the RAT exclude file to split the wildcards into smaller pieces with descriptions why these files are excluded. We have simply so many files and as long as they are covered by the SGA we thought we can start with this simplified approach. Much more work in other real code areas was to do as well.

On the other hand I think it is very important that we bring a first release on the road to show that the project exists and is living.

But overall I think we are on a good way.

Juergen

Cheers,

Marvin Humphrey