On 3 April 2012 00:38, Karl Wright <daddy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> "Whether it is necessary is another matter, and is not easy to answer
> in general as "it depends"."
>
> I'm going to treat this as "unnecessary", because we were extremely
> careful to maintain backwards compatibility when writing the changes.

The API may be backwards compatible, but the behaviour presumably
isn't, otherwise there would be no need to apply the patch.

[The physical API of an AA battery is identical for Zinc-carbon, NiCd
and NiMh, and they are often interchangeable, but their behaviour is
not identical.]

Can you be certain that the non-standard jars will not interfere with
the standard jars?