On Apr 20, 2012 10:06 AM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 4:03 PM, Stephen Connolly
> > since my eventual intent is to bring this project into the ASF
> > (once I have sufficient community to bring it in that is! ;-) )
>
> Community size and activity are only exit, not entry criteria for
> incubating projects. In fact one of the purposes of the Incubator is
> to help new projects grow. So welcome to enter any time you like! :-)

One issue is making releases. If you have a small community, then growing
it is much easier if you have an active series of releases. It garners
attention. Unfortunately, incubating projects have a little harder time
making releases (either the initial release getting things in order, or
gathering three +1 votes if they're small)

Justin and I moved serf out of the ASF because it was too small at the
time. We didn't have a community to make proper ASF releases.

Cheers,
-g