On 3 May 2012 13:46, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:11 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I'm still watching Nuvem and reading all the emails, there hasn't been
>>> anything recently that I've felt the need to jump in.
>>
>> OK, great!
>>
>> It would be useful if you (and other mentors in a similar situation)
>> could explicitly sign off the podling reports to indicate that you're
>> paying attention and able to step in to help when needed. That would
>> make it easier to spot the difference between mentors who're silently
>> monitoring the podling and those who're too busy with other stuff.
>>

> Or just ask.

I don't think it is fair to expect the chair (and soon a couple of
helpful shepherds) to ask 10+ apparently absent mentors each month if
they are active.

I do think it is fair to ask mentors to sign into the wiki and put
their name against 1-2 reports for projects they are monitoring.

Having said that "just ask" is exactly what Jukka has done here. Lets
work together to make it easier for him and his eventual successor.

Ross