On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:30 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, May 3, 2012 at 2:46 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Or just ask.
>
> Yes, that's fine as well.
>
> As Ross said, it's a bit easier for reviews like this one if the
> information is already out there, but that's not a big deal.

Thanks Jukka, thats a more amicable reply.

I'm not a huge fan of the current emphasis being placed on reports.
Another avenue for finding inactive mentors could be things like
looking at mentor participation in poddling releases. Is it better or
worse to have mentors who don't sign their poddling wiki reports or
don't review their releases? Even with release reviews we have some
mentors who say they don't do release reviews, bizarre as that sounds
i guess people have different perspectives.

Mentors have different styles, some are quite hands on some aren't,
and ideally a poddling, especially nearing graduation, should be
largely self supporting so having no mentor interaction is not
necessarily a problem and it may even be a positive sign.

Another approach you could try if you want to find inactive mentors
could be to just send an email to general@ with the list of all the
poddling mentors and ask are you still active and see who answers.

   ...ant