Hi Jukka!

Thanks a million for chiming in.

On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 12:52 PM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand the BigTop use cases

Perhaps this preso can help a bit:
    http://people.apache.org/~rvs/apache-bigtop2.pdf

> * If the former, then each subdirectory of [1] falls fairly
> conveniently into the traditional concept of convenience binaries
> built from the source release. The only extra thing you'd need is a
> proper set of license metadata and signatures for the binaries.

This is, in fact, the process we've been following with our convenience
artifacts for as long as we've had releases. We're signing every single
binary and are pretty pedantic about providing LICENSE and NOTICE files.
All of the distributed convenience artifacts have Apache License and this
policy will remain. Staring from Bigtop 0.4.0 release we are going to also
take great care in coordinating release of our convenience artifacts with
Apache Software Foundation's Infrastructure team in order to avoid
surprises and reduce strain on the mirroring infrastructure.

Please let me know if, from your point of view, the above alleviates the
concerns that have been expressed on this list.

Thanks,
Roman.