Thanks for replying with a thoughtful response.

Jukka put forth the idea of shepherds as a proposal.  I was merely replying to
that proposal with my own considered ideas.

I am encouraged about the enthusiasm but I feel that it blurs the
responsibility of the mentor.  Shepherding the shepherds of a podling, i.e.
mentors, seems to me like the wrong way to go.  It does add process.  If one
carefully re-reads posts to this thread there's all sorts of extra complexity
being considered such as groupings of podlings and clearly defining the rules
for cross-cutting projects, etc.  Not that this is what's going to finally be
adopted.

Incubation is confusing enough as it is.

Sprinkling more process, roles, and bureaucracy is not the solution to, my
mind, mentors who need to be politely pinged.  This is just my humble opinion.

With that said, the shepherds have my sincere best wishes and I am happy to
cooperate for those podlings where I am mentor.

Thanks again for your kind reply.

Regards,
Alan