On Fri, Jun 8, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Kalle Korhonen
<kalle.o.korho...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 7, 2012 at 11:06 PM, Roy T. Fielding <field...@gbiv.com> wrote:
>> I fear we are miscommunicating again.
>> Only the copyright owner is allowed to (re)move copyright notices
>> or permit others to (re)move them on the owner's behalf.
>
> Interesting, why is that? Is it so by the law?

It would be helpful if somebody could point out the actual words in
the copyright headers being discussed.  I may have missed it.

The copyright holder may impose limits on copying.  I have seen
headers that say, in effect, that you are welcome to copy the source
as long as you retain this header intact.

Meanwhile, much of the goodwill the ASF has accumulated over the years
is due to our policy of only accepting voluntary contributions.  We
should not throw that away lightly.

In this case, Adobe isn't hard to reach here.  We should seek their
opinion, and respect it.

If Adobe wishes us to retain the headers, my opinion is that we should
evaluate the impact that such a request will have on the community,
and either follow their request or decline the contribution.

If Adobe collectively takes the time to understand our position and
agrees to moving it, there are a number of ways that this can be
expressed clearly.  I still maintain that having an Adobe employee do
such a move would be the simplest and clearest way, but other ways are
possible too.

> Kalle

- Sam Ruby