I made an observation in the board meeting last night that there were
too many reports not being signed off by mentors. The board
acknowledged that this is an issue being addressed by the new process
put in place by Jukka and it was not a board issue. So, as an IPMC
member I again request that the board report includes a note from
either the IPMC chair or the Shepherd indicating whether the lack of
mentor sign off is considered a problem for that specific project. My
justification last time I requested it was that it would increase
visibility of the issue and encourage subsequent shepherds to
re-examine any problems.

I can justify this further this month. At lease one of the projects
(ODF-Toolkit) without mentor sign-off also did not have adequate
evaluation from the shepherd. I know this for a fact because I was the
shepherd. I don't imagine there is a problem with that project but a
lack of mentor sign-off might indicate a lack of adequate oversight on
the project. I'd like to think my failure to check this month is
rectified next time.

Thanks,
Ross

On 26 July 2012 17:15, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> The standard podling report deadline of the first Wednesday of a month
> would fall already to next week on August 1st. Since that's a bit
> soon, doesn't play too well with the automatic report reminders, and
> since the August board meeting will take place only on the 28th
> instead of the originally scheduled 15th, I'm postponing the podling
> report deadline one week ahead to Wednesday, August 8th.
>
> I've prepared the August report page [1] with placeholders for all
> podlings whose reports are expected. When preparing your reports,
> please consider your status in May [2] and summarize your recent
> actions to move forward towards graduation.
>
>     IP clearance: Amber
>     No release: Flex
>     Low activity: Ambari, Droids, Nuvem, Photark
>     Low diversity: Airavata, DeltaSpike, SIS
>     Ready to graduate: Clerezza, Lucene.NET, NPanday, Stanbol, VCL, Wink,
> Wookie
>
> I'm especially curious about what's going on in the seven podlings
> that were considered ready to graduate already in March. Did something
> change or have you just not gotten around to graduating yet? Is there
> something blocking the way? So far I've only seen Lucene.NET move
> forward.
>
> [1] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/August2012
> [2] http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/May2012
>
> BR,