Hi,

On Wednesday, August 15, 2012, Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:

> Currently Oozie focuses on coordinating workflows which mainly
> consists of Hadoop jobs. If that would change in the future, then we
> would follow the necessary steps to update its charter. Does this make
> sense?

Yes, you can do that. It's just a bit cumbersome to involve the board in
relatively minor changes in the technical direction of a project. Better to
set a scope that's tight enough to differentiate the project from other
efforts but broad enough to allow the project to evolve naturally.

Note that I don't know Oozie in detail, so if you think the currently
stated scope is OK for at least the foreseeable future, then it's perfectly
fine. It just looks a bit tight to an outside observer like myself.

BR,

Jukka Zitting