Hi,

comments inline

On Tue, Oct 9, 2012 at 6:50 AM, Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>wrote:

> On Oct 8, 2012, at 3:59 PM, Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez wrote:
>
>  Hello,
>>
>> We've added support to generate RAT files (RAT report for RC3 available at
>> [#1]) and began to play with it, via rat-ant-tasks [#2]. As noted in
>> previous e-mails, all the JSP files lack of a proper header. So, a couple
>> of questions:
>>
>> - we pass the addLicenseHeaders argument to the report task. A lot of .new
>> files get generated with the appropiate header, but none of them
>> correspond
>> to JSPs files. On the other hand the RAT report detects the missing header
>> in the JSP files. Is there any way to enforce the process for JSP files?
>>

> I'm not clear what you are saying here. If the rat addLicenseHeaders does
> not create .jsp files with the appropriate header, you may need to manually
> edit the .jsp files.

yep, I was wondering if there was some flag to create this files, as other
types of files are created automatically. It was like 1:00am and it seems
my brain refused to continue looking at this. A little bit of sed usage
should do the trick anyways, so this should be easily done.

>> - we also have some .js files which come with their license header (i.e.:
>> mootools.js). RAT detects them as their header doesn't conform with AL
>> Header. In this case I assume we should ignore this files, is that ok?
>>

> If you review all of the files that have their own license header, you can
> then notate them. What rat does is report non-conforming files of all types.
>
> Any files that are licensed under a non-Apache license need to be called
> out in the NOTICE and/or LICENSE files. There are many examples of such
> files in other projects. If you give specific file names, I can help you
> with what needs to be done to include them.

These js libraries are noted in [LICENSE | NOTICE] so I'll exclude them
from RAT analysis.

> Craig
>

>> We've also made java files conform strictly with AL header, so the headers
>> issue should be solved once we get rid of the two points noted above.
>>

>> thx in advance,
>> juan pablo
>>
>> [#1]: http://people.apache.org/~juanpablo/rat_2.9.0_rc3.txt
>> [#2]: http://creadur.apache.org/rat/apache-rat-tasks/report.html