On Nov 26, 2012, at 12:16 AM, Martijn Dashorst wrote:

> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 9:00 AM, Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> On Mon, Nov 26, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>> The Chukwa community has voted to retire the project.
>>
>> -1 The community vote [1] was far from unanimous. I'd expect the
>> community being retired to have greater consensus (or, as is more
>> common in such situations, at least indifference) about something like
>> this.
>
> While true, I think it is important to also read the discussions on
> the private list as well. Both sides have good arguments.
>
> In any case, I think the ppmc needs to discuss this for the next board
> report and come to consensus about the future.
>
> -1 for now.

The discussion basically amounted to a discussion between the mentors and Eric.
 The other PPMC members were mute with the exception of one member who stated
that he'd be ok with it being put into the attic and the project moving to
GitHub.

The other exception was another mentor who wanted to reboot the mentors because
he felt it was their fault for a failing community; to which my reply was that
mentors advise and monitor and that the work is really done by the community
members.

So, what we basically have is one lone developer who's virtually filibustering
the retirement.

Regards,
Alan