On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 8:56 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org
> wrote:

> On Wednesday, November 28, 2012, Greg Reddin wrote:
> > ...What difference does it make to
> > the ASF if a project is very small or very slow?...
>
> IMO, as long as there's three or more active PMC members who react when
> needed, and provide the quarterly board reports, a small/slow project is
> fine and there's no need to move it to the attic.
>
> -Bertrand

One of the issues with that is the interpretation of what "active" means.
So we can look at poddlings which aren't very active and say it doesn't
have three people committing regularly and therefore doesn't meet that
requirement. However in reality there maybe three people who are at least
watching and would step up and interact on votes etc when things require
it. There are TLPs that operate like that. Is that enough for a poddling? I
think the answer comes down to that trust issue, if its a bunch of ASF
members we all know we're more lenient than if its a bunch of new comers
none of us know.

   ...ant