On Nov 29, 2012, at 7:45 AM, Ross Gardler wrote:

> On 29 November 2012 14:59, Alan Cabrera <l...@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>

>> On Nov 29, 2012, at 6:53 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

>> requirement?  What constitutes active?...
>>>
>>> IMO the bare minimum is being able to find three PMC members to vote
>>> on things when needed.
>>>
>>> Once a project gets below this limit it's in trouble and usually
>>> headed for the attic, but that's not the only possibility - see
>>> "Resolution to reboot the Apache Xalan PMC" at
>>>
>> http://www.apache.org/foundation/records/minutes/2011/board_minutes_2011_07_20.txt
>>> for example.
>>
>> And so by extension we can apply this to podlings as well.
>>
>> So if the IP is vetted and we trust the PPMC members then the podling has
>> met all the requirements for incubation?
>>

> +1

Well this dramatically changes what I though I was supposed to do.  I thought I
was doing my duty as a mentor when I scraped up my 9 pence and dragged Chukwa
to the curb.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh8mNjeuyV4

By the criteria described above the podling is most likely good to go; in the
good way not the bad way.

It would probably be a good idea to add some kind of designation to the
graduating podling officially informing it that in the estimation of the IPMC
it has not yet obtained its vibrant and diverse requirements and that it will
be required to submit a plan and track progress in its board reports.

Maybe TLPs can be put on some kind of official probation, or some term less
severe.  The Attic can be the shepherds for TLPs in probation.

The benefits are that the podlings no longer need to go through the sometimes
arduous Incubator release cycle.  They loose the "stigma" of being a podling.
Strangers coming in understand that the TLP does not meet the ASF standard for
diversity and vibrancy but the ASF still holds out great hope.

Regards,
Alan