Its good that we can help keep BeanShell going by bring it to the ASF, but
my vote here is -1.

There was some discussion on this proposal back in April and one of the
last emails there was this one saying:

"If the intention is to have Beanshell become a part of Apache Commons then
the IPMC feels that Apache Commons should do the work there."

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-general/201304.mbox/%3ccaaqlglpwaqgtje3pwievcphtgub7gwc5lnazkdruxpnwsgn...@mail.gmail.com%3E

There was no further discussion that i can see after that until this vote
now.

It seems pointless to me to incubate this. Half the committers are ASF
members so they know what they're doing already, we're not going to teach
Sebb anything new about doing releases, and the intention is to become a
sub project of the commons PMC so that PMC is going to be able to provide
any additional oversight that may be needed.

All thats needed is a software grant and IP clearance (which from the
previous discuss thread has already been done?) and start up right away in
Commons.

What is it that we're going to do here at the Incubator with this? What
value are we going to add?

   ...ant