On 05/27/2013 06:37 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

On May 27, 2013, at 2:37 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org> wrote:

On Sat, May 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
...Half the committers are ASF
members so they know what they're doing already, we're not going to teach
Sebb anything new about doing releases...

Indeed ;-)

...All thats needed is a software grant and IP clearance (which from the
previous discuss thread has already been done?) and start up right away in
Commons...

Makes sense, I agree with you that the Incubator doesn't bring any
more value in this case...has the commons PMC been asked about this
option?

I'm changing my vote to -1, at least until this is clarified.

So, what do we do?  Rather than complete this vote that I believe that we have
consensus doesn't need to take place, should Simone simply start a graduation
vote?  I think Subversion was in the same boat but I don't recall what we did
there.

Regards,
Alan

Subversion went to their own PMC instead of becoming part of an existing PMC. That is one of the key differences here.