On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 9:36 PM, ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with Mark and John, the terms mean different things, and the term
> "retired" is reasonably well understood now and mentioned in various places
> in the Incubator documentation so wouldn't it be better to keep it as is?

Question comes up from time to time, I don't see it's well understood.

> Are there really any dormant poddlings? If so probably they are really
> retired now and they should just be changed to that.

Were there ever dormant podlings?

Maybe there is a difference in the terms itself, but when ever we saw
a podling became inactive we would discuss to retire them. Not sure
anybody ever said "oh we have no committers, but I have heard next
month comes a bunch of them". Or if there is just little activity,
would you really go to a project and tell them they are dormant now
and will retire in a few months? This all is just more overhead with
no benefit for me.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de