I've been away so a little slow in finishing this but i have just now made
an update to the guide, see

This does not include anything yet for the request from Bertrand to still
require at least one mentor vote but instead goes more towards the
suggestion that we don't even need to document a standard for
committerpromotions- projects and podlings alike are free to
experiment with
whatever process they deem appropriate. The change does update the podling
report template with a section to note any committers added since the last
report so that we are aware of what is happening.

   ...ant