On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 5:45 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:
> --------------------
> Tashi
>
>   rvs: Tashi looks completely dormant at this point. Despite my repeated
>   on-list and off-list emails it appears that I couldn't find anybody to
>   compile a report. The only discussion that resulted from my attempts is
>   captured over here: http://markmail.org/thread/mveeuubf2fcdmgcw
>
>   Personally I think we need to figure out a path to *some* kind of a
>   resolution here. I don't think Tashi benefits from being an incubator
>   project and we need to figure out how to get it to a different trajectory.

Nice shepherding, Roman.  Thanks for putting in the extra effort to give Tashi
every chance to file a report.

Tashi didn't report last month either.  (I've started mimicing the board and
following up monthly when reports are missed, so this month was an
out-of-cycle makeup).  They didn't report in April or January, either -- in
fact, the last report was filed in October 2012.

I agree that some sort of nudge is needed, whether that results in the new
volunteers or whether there is a motion towards retirement from the Incubator
and a migration to Github.  For what it's worth, Tashi Mentor Craig Russell
noted that progress had stalled back in a note on the January 2013 report, so
I don't think we're jumping the gun.

I see that Craig is engaged in that discussion you started.  (That thread
seems to have stalled, too -- there were four messages three days ago, but
nothing since.)  My inclination would be to let Craig lead the way if he so
desires, but otherwise to send a message to the Tashi dev list that the IPMC
is considering a vote to retire and see what they do.

FWIW: Tashi made an incubating release, and in my opinion any podling which
makes it that far has succeeded.  Every software product has a life cycle.

Marvin Humphrey