On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:09 PM, Michael Stroucken <mxs+apa...@cmu.edu> wrote:
> As one of the developers of Tashi, I would be in support of making space for
> more deserving projects on the Incubator.
>
> Can I make that proposal? If so: I propose that the Apache Tashi incubating
> project be retired.

Please make that proposal on the Tashi developer's list.  Start a "[DISCUSS]
Retire the Tashi podling" thread, and then depending on where the discussion
leads, follow up with a VOTE thread.  Note that it's possible that new
contributors will step forward -- it's happened in the past.

For a case like Tashi's, the Incubator PMC will only take independent action
if the podling's community is immobile and its Mentors either concur or are
unresponsive.  We would rather have the community decide its own destiny.

>> FWIW: Tashi made an incubating release, and in my opinion any podling which
>> makes it that far has succeeded.  Every software product has a life cycle.
>
> Two, actually, with a third one close to completion. :)

I am pleased to stand corrected!

> In retrospect, I do want to thank the Apache Incubator for hosting the
> project, and the community for their help and being patient through our
> troubles.

I hope we meet again. :)

Marvin Humphrey