Tim, one of the things we're trying to teach podlings is how to handle
disputes and resolve problems in a happy respectful manner. You've out
of the blue come on to their dev list without introducing yourself
demanding that something that happened nearly two years ago be undone.
Its a testament to Chukwa that they've engaged in discussing the
matter with you promptly and politely, never the less in under 48
hours of starting the discussion you've escalated this to general@
with a fairly negative email.

Lets take your LICENSE/NOTICE file issue, you initially said the
binary artifact didn't have any, it was then pointed out that in fact
it did have them just not where you were looking, you then asserted
that is not acceptable and they must only be right at the top
directory, it was then pointed out other types of binary distributions
like jars also don't have them at the top either, but you have ignored
that and instead come here to general@.

I have no doubt that Chukwa will be happy to help resolve this in
whatever way is necessary to satisfy all the ASF policy's, but we
don't need a big general@ flame thread to do that.

   ...ant