On Nov 7, 2013, at 2:13 PM, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:

> The Incubator's system for approving releases is at odds with everything we
> believe at Apache about self-governance.  It produces inferior releases, an
> inferior incubation experience, inferior students and an inferior ASF.  We
> should change it.

As soon as you step off your soapbox, be sure to provide some
suggestions...

And what *exactly* IS the role of the Incubator now? I suggest
it's to oversee the Mentors, as well as do the initial OK for
entry and the final approval for graduation (well, not "approval"
but recommendation). Is the entire Incubator sooooo busy that
someone from the IPMC can't ping "delinquent" mentors directly,
when they get off track, or too far backed up, ???

Would have sending an Email be soooo problematic? But, I guess,
it wouldn't have been so dramatic.

And yeah, I'm guilty about the voting stuff for the initial
release. That's why I'm doing better following it now.