Those sound like fine experiments to try - having a release auditor,
and a new podling with the PPMC have binding votes and initially
seeded just with IPMC members - however they aren't the experiments i
was thinking of.

What i'd like to try is more similar to the pTLP approach previously
talked about. So take some existing podling, eg Stratos and/or
VXQuery, and give the PPMC binding votes. They have experienced and
active mentors so there will be oversight and nothing to worry about.
They already have experienced participants so know what they're doing
anyway. Anyone on the Incubator PMC can join in or watch what happens
and intervene at any point to have the experiment shutdown in the
unlikely event that they go wild.

Its just a small experimental trial. Even if successful this likely
wouldn't ever become the approach used for most podlings, but it could
be a useful step for some. Lets give it a try.

What do you say?

   ...ant