The Phoenix project has recently come into incubation from it's former life
as a Github project. I believe other projects have made this same
transition, so I'm looking to get some advice from them. What's the best
development methodology folks have found for collaborative development when
your source of truth is an Apache git repo? Something like the Github model
that combines a) the ability for managing branches and visually reviewing
patches and b) a means to gate commits against the single source of truth,
the git repo.

Gerrit meets this requirement and based on INFRA-2205 used to be setup. If
that's not an option, what have folks found that works well?

Thanks,
James