On Tue, Feb 4, 2014 at 8:13 AM, Ignasi Barrera <n...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...Just wanted to clarify this, as I think this approach doesn't introduce
> overhead to commiters/contributors and respects the ASF workflow...

Thanks for this, IIUC this is described at

http://jclouds.apache.org/documentation/devguides/contributing-to-jclouds/

which looks quite good to me, as you indicate having your canonical
repository on Apache infrastructure and cutting releases from that is
a requirement.

There's two things that could be added IMO:

1) Apache accepts only voluntary contributions, your PMC needs to be
able to demonstrate that every contribution is intentional. For this
it might be good to have a phrase like "by creating a pull request
against our github repository you indicate your willingness to
contribute your code to Apache jclouds" on that page and/or in the
top-level README files of your modules.

2) Contributors should be made aware of
http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt and
http://www.apache.org/licenses/cla-corporate.txt, and the PMC should
ask for an iCLA for "substantial contributions", whatever that means.
http://db.apache.org/derby/faq.html#derby_icla is a reasonable way to
explain that IMO, I'd just add a mention of the CCLA which Apache does
not require but which people who are employees often need.

-Bertrand