I'm happy to see that my concerns about Spark are being actively addressed in a
professional non-confrontational manner.

The mismatch between committers and proposed PMC members has been resolved. I
guess the only missing bit is updating the graduation resolution.

The use of git for pull request and comments is being worked on and I have
confidence in the leadership to pursue this to an agreeable solution.

I've reviewed the private list and see that it is being used appropriately to
discuss and vote new committers and PPMC members.

So I'm changing my vote to +1 subject only to the update of the proposed PMC
roster to include only committers.

Congratulations to the Spark community.

Craig

On Feb 6, 2014, at 10:01 PM, Marvin Humphrey wrote:

> On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 7:05 PM, David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us> wrote:
>
>> The part that disturbs me is that after the vote passed in the
>> community, and came to the IPMC a mentor is still having to remind
>> folks that things like strategy and roadmap discussions need to happen
>> on the mailing list. That's a pretty foundational concept in my mind
>> for an Apache project.
>
> Thanks for your thoughtful, constructive commentary, David.
>
> The issue of GitHub integration is complex, unresolved, and as today's thread
> demonstrates, controversial.  I considered voting -1 because I don't want to
> hand a hot potato to the Board.
>
> However, as you note Spark comes highly recommended, and I am impressed by
> what I've seen on general@incubator, especially today and in the thread on
> dealing with binaries in their 0.8 release.  I believe that Spark is likely to
> play a highly constructive role in realizing the promise of integrating the
> "Community over Code" ASF with "Social Coding" GitHub.
>
> +1 (binding) to graduate.
>
> Marvin Humphrey

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle