On 13 Jun 2014, at 17:32 pm, Marvin Humphrey <mar...@rectangular.com> wrote:

> Four is a very small number for a PMC.  I've commonly heard people argue that
> five should be the cutoff.  If just two people move on, the project won't be
> able to make releases.
>
> My personal feeling is that small PMCs are OK when at least one member has
> been added during incubation (demonstrating openness) and when the project has
> been around for years with stable core personnel who are unlikely to
> disappear.  But four is still really low, and it wouldn't surprise me if
> the Board objected.

Just for reference, so far these people have consistently contributed to the
project over time. If the board simply considers the project too small, we will
of course have to let the project stay in the incubator for some more time, but
this is the first time I heard about such a requirement (PMC size >= 5).

Greetings, Marcel