I already am aware of Whimsy.  :)

My main goal is to put into place building blocks, for automated tooling,
around bits such as reporting, mailing list management, etc.  These can be used
my Whimsy as well as other tooling bits and my site.

As for my site, I like Python and wish to goof around with panopticon.  I,
frankly, don’t see that harm in that since I am taking great pains to make sure
that Whimsy is not excluded from the building blocks that I wish to put into
place.  Nor am I requiring that Whimsy uses panopticon to take advantage of the
work.

Regards,
Alan