On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 7:31 PM, P. Taylor Goetz <ptgo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Ted, Andrew, and sebb,
>
> FOAF files were one of first thing I checked, but I don't have a FOAF file,
> yet I (ptgoetz) am still listed as a member of Storm on p.a.o.
>
> I can confirm that some of the new members have commit rights to our git
> repo, but still aren't listed as members on p.a.o.
>
> The whole process seems a bit like voodoo. Is it different post graduation?
>
> Since building community is paramount to Apache projects, I want to make sure
> we know exactly how to deal with setting up new members prior to graduation.
>
> If it would help, I'd be glad to help document it for the incubator once I
> know what the actual process is.
>
> -Taylor

Sebb is right - it's the svn auth piece (asf-auth-template) that
calculates a lot of that for podlings . Git access is based on LDAP -
and is much more coarse (so anyone in the incubator group can commit
to any incubator project's git repo.) which is why your committers
haven't had an issue.

--David