Understand there is a radical difference between majority, consensus and
unanimity.  The HTTP Server project has successfully operated by unanimity,
although many of us have experience of having the single holdout block progress.

I don't believe majority is sufficient in these sorts of matters.  In most
projects, contributors are part of one or two major organizational players.
That vocal minority protects a valued third voice.

But an intractable project member is also an issue.  If you are looking for
unanimity in the face of an obstructionist, your choices are to move toward
plurality or consensus ... or drop an obstructionist from the PMC roster.

The HTTP Server PMC has succeeded in working through these issues without
evicting a project member, and continuing to make progress.