Sounds OK to me too if that is the prevailing sentiment; I personally
do not operate (non-ASF) OSS projects that way. It seems just within
the letter of the law.

What about this little transitive dep of Netty I mentioned? This is
not a NOTICE issue, and I *think* this one is beyond interpreting
away, even if it looks so small. There are more, and other deps
besides Netty. Or, I'd be happy to know why the license doesn't say
what I think it says, in which case I'll apologize to everyone and buy
you a beer for your time.

The meta-issue is that some here seem to be arguing that IP licensing
can be taken lightly because it's hard or annoying. The subtext I get
is that the AL2 clause 4d is considered so minor and exasperating to
comply with as to be practically ignorable? It would surprise me if
that's supposed to be the takeaway, even if, hey, would kind of make
some practical sense. But AL2 says what it says.

Concretely, I'm suggesting a good-faith effort to review and if needed
fix Drill's license issues, since a casual review seems to have
identified a handful of problems (TBC: at least, we're on to: Netty's
embedded dependencies not appearing in LICENSE). If someone's in a
rush to get this release out, OK, deal with it after?

Should I just propose a PR since I'm making trouble about it?