On Sat, Oct 11, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Sean Owen <sro...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The meta-issue is that some here seem to be arguing that IP licensing
> can be taken lightly because it's hard or annoying.

That's not it.  I am arguing that licensing should be as minimal as possible
because that's in the interest of *users*.

As an IPMC member who reviews releases from time to time, I'm one of those
users.  But I also participate in license evaluation for open source products
we incorporate at my day job, and when we come across a 5k long train wreck of
a license, it costs us time and money.

+1 to this suggestion of yours from upthread:

    It's certainly a best practice to not put things in NOTICE that aren't
    actually required.

Marvin Humphrey